Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Defy Limits: Inspiring Quotes by Shohei Ohtani

Explore Shohei Ohtani's inspiring quotes on defying limits, hard work, and self-improvement. His words motivate to push boundaries and excel.


⊙ Quote of the Day: Defy Limits By The Shohei Ohtani


Defy Limits: Inspiring Quotes by Shohei Ohtani

I think it’s wasteful to limit myself without any reason by saying, ‘it’s my limit’.

- Shohei Ohtani -


This is a quote attributed to Shohei Ohtani, a Japanese Major League Baseball (MLB) player known as the ‘baseball genius’. In this quote, Ohtani expresses his belief that it's pointless to set limits for yourself, and that you can surpass them through hard work and challenge.


  • Challenging your own limits: Emphasizing that setting limits without reason is limiting your potential, this quote demonstrates a strong will to push beyond the limits you set for yourself.
  • Constant effort and challenge: The message is that it's important to set new goals to overcome your limits and to keep working hard and challenging yourself.
  • Positive mindset and self-improvement: It highlights the importance of maintaining a positive mindset that allows you to overcome your limitations, constantly developing yourself, and exploring new possibilities.


Ohtani is a Major League Baseball (MLB) player for the Los Angeles Angels, where he plays a dual role as a starting pitcher and designated hitter. He is often described as the real-life version of a cartoon genius baseball player who excels both as a pitcher and a hitter at the highest level.

He overcame his limitations through goal-setting, consistent effort, and the Mandalart method of self-development. This method involves setting sub-goals around a core goal and creating specific action plans for each sub-goal. It is said that Ohtani wrote down a core goal in high school and achieved it within three years by following eight sub-goals and 64 action plans. His goals included aspects related to mental strength, character, and luck, in addition to athletic achievements, which serves as an inspiring example for many people.

Defy Limits: Inspiring Quotes by Shohei Ohtani


⊙ Shohei Ohtani quotes about success, growth, hard work and talent


  • Before the first year at Major League Baseball, I visited Ichiro’s home. Of course, He gave me some technical advice, but he also said, “you should believe your talents, what you have done, and your potential.” That words became the start for me to change. - Shohei Ohtani -

  • There are many people who say my baseball, but I don’t care to anyone who wants to say something to me. I do my best and that is most important. - Shohei Ohtani -

  • I have negative thoughts. I remember the bad things more vividly than the good ones. Therefore, when I see my weakness, I strongly feel that I want to fix it up. - Shohei Ohtani -

  • I feel like I can’t be doing the same thing as last year, to have the same stats as last year, i need to get better and keep on improving, so that's the plan. - Shohei Ohtani -

  • I’m a student of the game, so I do feel like I need to grow every year, and I think I’ve been able to do that. - Shohei Ohtani -

  • No one has done it before, only I am doing it, and there may be “a thing that only I can do”, so I am playing as a pitcher and a fielder. That’s fascinating in any genre. - Shohei Ohtani -




Additional resources:

The Great Bambino’s Insights: Baseball, Life, and Perseverance

Legendary Baseball Player: Ted Williams' 10 Quotes about Success, Hard Work, & Goals

Life Lessons from the Diamond - 16 Quotes from MLB Legends

Jackie Robinson's Quote: Life Is Not a Spectator Sport.

On success and victory - Professional Basketball Players' Quotes

Winning Beyond Goals: Inspirational Quotes on Football(Soccer)



Motivational Quotes To Inspire You.

#Shohei Ohtani #Defying Limits #Self-Improvement #Hard Work #Success #Inspiration #Baseball #athlete #Motivation #inspiration #mindset #success

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you~!

Featured Post

The Heart of Love: Quotes That Celebrate Its Power

These quotes enhance the beauty, understanding, and depth of love. Explore the various aspects of love, including its power, commitment, and...

Popular Posts