Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Quotes from Howl's Moving Castle

Inspirational messages about magic, love, personal growth, and war abound in Hayao Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli classic, Howl's Moving Castle.


⊙ A Story of Magic and Love: Quotes from Howl's Moving Castle

These quotes from Howl's Moving Castle (ハウルの動く城), the 14th feature-length animated film from STUDIO GHIBLI (スタジオジブリ), directed by Japanese master Hayao Miyazaki (宮﨑駿), released in 2004. Based on the fantasy novel of the same name by British novelist Diana Wynne Jones, the film tells the story of Sophie, a young woman who is transformed into a 90-year-old woman by a powerful witch. To break the curse, Sophie joins the wizard Howl, his fire demon Calcifer, and Howl's apprentice Markle at Howl's Moving Castle. The film's stunning visuals, colorful characters, anti-war message, and the blossoming love between Howl and Sophie have resonated with audiences worldwide.


  • "They Say That The Best Blaze Burns The Brightest When Circumstances Are At Their Worst." - Sophie, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • "It's Been A Pleasure Meeting You, Even If You Are My Least Favorite Vegetable." - Sophie To Turnip-Head, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “Well, the nice thing about being old is you’ve got nothing to lose.” - Sophie, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • "A Heart's A Heavy Burden." - Sophie, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “It’s… you’re scaring me. I have this weird feeling you’re going to leave. Howl, tell me what’s going on! Please. I don’t care if you’re a monster.” - (Young)Sophie, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)



Quotes from Howl's Moving Castle

  • “Sorry, I’ve had enough of running away, Sophie. Now I’ve got something I want to protect. It’s you.” - Howl, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “Wow, Sophie, your hair looks just like starlight. It’s beautiful.” - Howl, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “After The War, They Won’t Recall They Ever Were Human.” - Howl, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “I give up. I see no point in living if I can’t be beautiful.” - Howl, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • "There You Are Sweetheart, Sorry I'm Late, I Was Looking Everywhere For You." - Howl To Sophie, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)



Quotes from Howl's Moving Castle

  • “I don’t cook! I’m a scary and powerful fire demon!” - Calcifer, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “She almost smothered me! If I die, Howl dies too, I hope you know.” - Calcifer, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “No, no, no! Don’t do this! Help! Help! Crazy lady with the shovel! If you kick me out that door, the castle could collapse!” - Calcifer, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “You shouldn’t keep flying around like that. Soon you won’t be able to turn back into a human.” - Calcifer, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)

  • “Fine, like moving the castle isn’t hard enough!” - Calcifer, Howl's Moving Castle(ハウルの動く城)





Additional resources:

Heartwarming Messages: Quotes from Spirited Away

Heartwarming Quotes from My Neighbor Totoro

Love Transcending Time: Quotes from 'Your Name'

Elemental's Quotes: Love Knows No Bounds

Elemental: Heartfelt Quotes from Wade and Ember




Motivational Quotes To Inspire You.

#Magic #Love #Personal Growth #Anti-War #Studio Ghibli #Howl's Moving Castle #Quotes #Ani #Animation #Manga #Anime #ハウルの動く城 #スタジオジブリ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you~!

Featured Post

Forging the Future: Quotes on Hope and Determination

Embrace the future with hope and determination! Discover inspiring quotes about change, progress, and the power of today's actions. Find...

Popular Posts